METHODOLOGY – Cheesecake
– Firstly, to make the base – quickly blitz the biscuits in a food processor until broken down to crumbs.
– Then, melt the butter and NutShed peanut butter in a pan over a low heat. When melted, add to the biscuit, mix well and press into the base of your lined springform tin or similar.
– Once the base has set, in a large mixing bowl, mix the Tullahay soft cheese with the Brookfield Farm honey and the mascarpone cheese together until well combined. Then, add the cream and incorporate further. Whisk together until smooth.
– Then if making individual cakes, put the cheese mix in a piping bag and pipe into the moulds. If making one large cake, simply tip the contents into the cake tin and smooth out with a pallet knife.
– Leave to set in the fridge to set overnight.
METHODOLOGY – Honeycomb
– Add the Brookfield Farm honey and the golden syrup to a wide based pan, followed by the sugar and water. Place the pan on a low-medium heat to allow the sugar to melt slowly.
– When the mixture begins to bubble and turn golden, turn the heat off and add the bicarbonate soda. Quickly whisk to incorporate the soda – this will cause an eruption in the pan so be careful.
– Tip the contents into a metal container lined with greaseproof paper and allow to cool for a minimum of 1hr 30mins.